Not logged in. Log in with Twitter

Sumatra PDF Reader forum

Small, fast, free PDF, EPUB, MOBI, CHM, DJVU, CBR, CBZ reader for Windows

Theme support in Sumatra pre-release available

We've experimenting with theme support i.e. being able to change application colors. A very rough first attempt is now available in latest pre-release version (http://www.sumatrapdfreader.org/prerelease.html).

It also changes the look of tabs.

There are still issues there. Those we know about are described in https://github.com/sumatrapdfreader/sumatrapdf/issues/743

Let us know what you think.
Krzysztof Kowalczyk on March 9, 2017
BTW: to change theme, use settings menu.
Krzysztof Kowalczyk on March 9, 2017
The GitHub discussion says that the Bookmarks section looks bad in the Darker theme due to black font on a dark background. The same happens with the Page counter on the bottom when reading epub files.

I think the colour in these sections should be the TextColor in EbookUI in the settings file.
olba on March 11, 2017
I raised another discussion entry about this missing this entry.

In my opinion

1) The default color for tabs is ugly "orange" & big change from previous version 3.2.10621. Not one of the colors on my Windows them.
2) The default color for no tabs is black which is a) different from current and other themes and b) looks awful

Need so means of editing the tab color or the default should folo

Don't like the "squared off" tabs. Can we have an option to have the old style please.
Hugh on March 16, 2017
When changing "Theme" from "Darker" to "Light" the gui and the currently selected pdf becomes light, but the unselected pdfs are still darker.

I like the "Darker" theme because selected/unselected tabs are distinguishable unlike in the other themes. However, I'd wish that the gui could be set "Darker" separately while having the pdfs viewed light as normally.
Jens N on March 16, 2017
Is it possible, please, to get the nice golden yellow look back?

Thanks.
Joe Greenman on March 18, 2017